Analytic Workspace Manager
The Analytical Workspace Manager is a tool for business analysts, data scientists, and other users who need to work with data in an Oracle Analytics Cloud environment. It provides a graphical user interface for creating and managing analytical workspaces.
What is an Analytical Workspace?
An analytical workspace is a data structure that allows analysts to store and manipulate data in a way that is optimized for analysis. The workspace can be thought of as a virtual sandbox where analysts can play with data without having to worry about the underlying data structure. This flexibility comes at a cost, however, as the workspace must be carefully managed in order to avoid problems.
- Before you install the Analytical Workspace Manager, make sure that you have the following software installed and configured on your computer:
– PHP 5.3 or higher
– A webserver (Apache, Nginx, IIS)
– MySQL 5.1 or higher
- Download the latest release of the Analytical Workspace Manager from our website.
- Extract the contents of the zip file to a directory on your computer.
- Configure your webserver to point to the “public” directory within theAnalytical Workspace Manager directory.
- Create a new database for the Analytical Workspace Manager and import the provided SQL file into it.
- Copy the “config/database.php.example” file to “config/database.php” and update it with your database details.
- Copy the “config/app.php.example” file to “config/app.php” and update it with your desired configuration options.
- Navigate to your Analytical Workspace Manager installation in a web browser and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
How to Create a New Workspace
Creating a new workspace in the Analytical Workspace Manager is simple. Just click the “Create Workspace” button and enter the desired name for your workspace. You can also specify a description and tags to help organize your workspaces.
Adding a new Dataset to the Workspace
Adding a new dataset to your workspace is a simple process that can be completed in just a few steps. First, access the Datasets tab from the sidebar and click the “Add Dataset” button. You will be prompted to select the file you wish to upload.
Next, you will be asked to confirm the details of the dataset. Make sure that all of the information is correct and then click the “Confirm” button. Your dataset will now be added to your workspace and you can begin working with it immediately.
Overview of Creating and Managing Datasets in a Workspace
Creating and managing datasets in your workspace is simple with the Analytical Workspace Manager. You can create new datasets, edit existing ones, or delete unwanted ones with just a few clicks.
To create a new dataset, click the “Create Dataset” button in the workspace manager. This will open a dialogue where you can specify the name and location of your dataset. You can also specify which columns from your data you want to include in the dataset.
To edit an existing dataset, click the “Edit Dataset” button in the workspace manager. This will open a dialogue where you can modify the name, location, and column selection for your dataset.
To delete a dataset, click the “Delete Dataset” button in the workspace manager. This will permanently remove the dataset from your workspace.